FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Full Time, Non-exempt
Compensation and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position is $21.00 – $24.00 per hour, commensurate with experience and skills.
Our excellent benefits package includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for full-time employees, Simple IRA retirement plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, paid time off, and professional development opportunities.
Open until filled.
Ashland Community Hospital Foundation (ACHF) was established in 1977 to provide a way for community members to support the work of our local hospital. In 2021, our organization expanded its mission to support community health and wellness initiatives in Ashland, Talent, and Phoenix. Within these communities, we partner with generous supporters and local non-profit organizations to enhance the health of our community.
The Philanthropy Assistant reports to the Associate Director and supports the work of ACHF in the following ways:
- Embraces the vision, mission, and values of ACHF
- Generates and grants resources to support hospital and community-based health and wellness initiatives
- Engages with individuals, businesses, advisors, and other community organizations to promote the work ACHF
- Bachelors’ degree preferred
- Two years of development experience is required
- Raiser’s Edge and ResearchPoint database proficiency are preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion
- Able to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Organized with high attention to detail, and excellent time management skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, and the ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse people and communities
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel
- A notary commission is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide support to the ACHF board and its committees:
- Schedule and manage meetings
- Prepare and send meeting materials
- Keep minutes of all meetings
Provide marketing support to build awareness of the work of the foundation in the community:
- Generate newsletter content and mailing lists, and assist with website updates
- Work with vendors and service providers of the foundation including consultants, graphic design, printing, videographers, photographers and more
Provide fundraising support to help increase charitable gifts:
- Enter gifts into the donor database and prepare gift acknowledgement letters
- Generate complex mailing and recognition lists, and reports
- Research grant opportunities
- Assist the Philanthropy Director by organizing and preparing donor contact lists, communication materials, meeting preparation, and reports
- Engage current and prospective donors through one-on-one donor-centered activities
Assist the Associate Director with the grantmaking and scholarship processes:
- Help applicants navigate the application site
- Prepare materials for review, process letters and checks, and monitor completion of final grant reports
Provide logistical support for all ACHF events and programs:
- Generate mailing lists and create materials
- Coordinate venue, caterer, photographer, entertainment and technology needs, and oversee guest reservations, registration, and check-in.
Provide general administrative support to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of ACHF:
- Process incoming correspondence, invoices, and deposits
- Order supplies and manage services
- Support the budget and audit processes
- Provide notary services
Complete other duties as assigned.
Culture and Environment:
We love working here and think the right person will too! Our foundation supports work-life balance and each other. We work as a team to further the mission of ACHF, and the right person will share our values by being accountable in their work, communicating effectively, and showing a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Work takes place primarily in the ACHF office during business hours. Tasks may also need to be performed in a variety of locations and environments, including offsite meeting and event locations. Evenings, weekends, and occasional travel may be required. There is an option to work remotely when circumstances allow. The workday often includes using a telephone and sitting at a computer screen for extended periods. Tasks may require lifting, moving, or carrying objects of about 25 pounds, such as boxes and supplies.
Ashland Community Hospital Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employees of Ashland Community Hospital Foundation must complete a background check before hire.
“I have served as a foundation board member and officer for over a decade, and have observed firsthand the dedication and integrity of our employees.”
– Ed Colson, Past President