Community Health &
We’re funding opportunities for better health
We believe everyone has the right to enjoy a healthy life. Where a person lives, works, learns and plays can impact individual health as well as the health of our community. Services and programs that are available, accessible, prevention-focused, and culturally welcoming are important building blocks for a healthy community.
Advancing Health Care Innovation & Equity
In 2022, Ashland Community Hospital Foundation requested proposals from nonprofits for community-based health and wellness projects. Grants are made possible through generous contributions in support of community health and wellness.
Generally, ACHF offers grants ranging from $5,000 to $75,000. We value different perspectives and creative solutions to advance health care innovation and health equity. We believe the catalyst for change comes from organizations working together to leverage the power of partnerships.
The funding cycle for 2022 has closed. We invite you to sign up for our email list below to be notified of future opportunities.
Hospital and community-based projects that create and/or expand access to services and programs promoting health and wellness in Ashland, Talent, and Phoenix.
Projects of special interest include those that:
- Bring services and programs to Ashland, Talent, and Phoenix.
- Serve children, families, seniors, and/or historically excluded and underrepresented groups.
- Promote health equity by building relationships and partnerships with community members.
- Foster innovation and collaboration with other non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and/or health care providers.
Grants will not be made for the following purposes:
- Debt retirement or operational deficits
- General fund
- Events and sponsorships
- Projects that have already been completed
- Projects with a fiscal agent
To be eligible for funding an organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a non-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that is classified as a public charity under section 509(a) 1 or 2 of the United States tax code or have a non-profit 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor with a documented agreement.
- Groups or projects with a fiscal sponsor must include a copy of their memorandum of understanding or a letter signed by the fiscal sponsor’s Executive Director or Board President in their application.
- Only one application can be received in a funding cycle from a fiscal sponsor.
- The administrative fee taken by the fiscal sponsor shall not exceed 10%.
- Serve the Ashland, Talent, and/or Phoenix populations.
- Agree to and maintain a nondiscrimination policy that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, marital status, genetic information, veteran status and other factors protected by law.
- The program or service is secular and does not proselytize or witness to clients.
How to apply
- Review the foundation’s eligibility and guidelines carefully.
- Login or create an account for the ACHF online application system.
- Complete the Letter of Intent (LOI) and submit it by the deadline.
- Await a response to the LOI, which usually takes seven business days.
- If approved, complete the entire application and submit it using the online application system by the deadline.
- Final grant decisions will be made within 8 to 10 weeks after the close of the application and funding will be issued promptly.
Final grant reports are due 14 months after the date of the award date, and an interim progress may also be assigned.
Get in touch
If you have questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome any inquiries and will be as responsive as possible. If you want to have a chat before you apply, we welcome that, but it is not a requirement prior to submitting your LOI.
Imagine the Impact You Can Have
Community Health Initiatives are your opportunity to help your community to be a healthy and safe place for us all to live, work, learn, and play.